2015 Elections - Board of Directors Member (3 Year Term)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
2015 Elections - Board of Directors Member (3 Year Term)

If you would like to nominate a CHAOS Member or yourself for one of the three available board positions please do so by replying to this thread. 

There is nothing in the bylaws which prevent a director from voluntarily contributing monetarily to the club but above and beyond money the board of directors is comprised of people who are devoted to the club emotionally, physically, mentally, intellectually, and socially; what they really offer is ideas, encouragement, making connections for the club as well as within the club, giving the club direction, community building initiatives (e.g., identifying and fostering future committed and active members), and enthusiastically and energetically promoting the club’s mission (which is, first and foremost, education and community involving home and craft brew).

Board of Director Member Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):

• Must be present at a minimum of 9 (out of 12) monthly board meetings (attendance may be via telephone, i.e., someone who is present putting you on speaker phone);
  • Must contribute time and energy continually and substantially to the benefit of the club. This may include but is certainly not limited to: being present at club events (classes, festivals, etc.); organizing and arranging the brew house; participating in online and in-person discussions.
  • Discussing – and subsequently approving/denying – requests and proposals from Officers;
  • Making contacts and reaching out to people on behalf of the club (including potential and current partners);

Directors can, should, and will be subject to removal “with or without cause” (according to the bylaws) by simple majority vote of the other board of directors. Basically what that means is that Directors must indeed continually and substantially devote time and energy to the club lest other directors deem you are not “pulling your weight” and vote you off the island.

Note: Any posts that are not a nomination (this includes discussion about candidates) will be deleted without mercy.

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
I nominate Dave and Matt to

I nominate Dave and Matt to reprise their roles, if they are willing.  (I know Steven is dialing it back a bit.)  Also, I nominate Zach Burns, Kyle Nordquist, Mark Haar, and Jim Vondracek; also if they are willing to fight it out.  I want everyone to be able to devote the time neccessary, which is a lot.

Good luck, guys!!

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
Thanks for the nomination,

Thanks for the nomination, but this isn't the right time for me.  Maybe in a future year.  

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
Will the board meetings

Will the board meetings continue to be held on Sundays?

meredithvandehaar
meredithvandehaar's picture
Interested. I have no long

Interested. I have no long winded nomination speech other than I really care about the club and want it to continue in a positive direction. Thanks for the nomination!

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
I'll accept my nomination.

I'll accept my nomination.

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
I'd be interested as well.

I'd be interested as well. Thanks, Jeff!