Colorado Craft beer & ski trip 2015!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
Colorado Craft beer & ski trip 2015!

Most of you know I hit the slopes and the breweries out west every year. A few of you expressed interest in a ski trip out to Colorado. Wondering if that is something people would want to do in Feb. 2015? I'm a deal hunter and I usually rent a condo or a house near in Breckenridge within walking distance to main street, to the pubs and brewery, but it's also still close to the slopes. I also like to stay 1-2 nights in Denver to hit some of the breweries around there, before heading up to the mountains to get acclimated.

Expenses: My flight is usually SW ​and ​on average it's about $150 round-trip​, no joke, they have great flight deals around this time.​ Since ​bags fly free,​ I bring my skis and bring back beers on checked luggage. Other average prices...​four door ​car rental​,​ total $250 for a week, pending how many people go and what luggage fits, usually can get 3 people to a car comfortably, bigger vehicles tend to get pricier, but can fit more people. Lodging depends on number of people attending and how large the place is, range could be $40-75 a night, per person. That's just a ballpark. I like renting a space with a fireplace,​ kitchen​,​ and a​ hot-tub. It's great having a kitchen because it​ cuts expenses when making dinner/breakfast etc. We usually stop at the grocery store on the way into Breck and stock up on beers, food etc. and take turns making dinner... tacos, chili, pasta, etc.​

If seriously interested in the trip (time off and money wise), please ​let me know ​by Oct. 30 ​and how many days you'd want to go for. I usually book/reserve condo/house by early Nov. and must put ​initial ​down payment for booking at that time. ​

​Other questions? Let me know!
Cheers, Nanc​

David
David's picture
Alchemist, member since
Tentatively in. Just need to

Tentatively in. Just need to know timeframe and duration.

Jamie
Jamie's picture
Alchemist, member since
Probably won't be able to go

Probably won't be able to go (this year), but I have a family connection in Breck, might be able to hook up a deal on a condo there

chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
Hey Jamie, thanks, I'm

Hey Jamie, thanks, I'm interested in looking into this connection if you want to share info with me.

Thanks, Nanc