Condition of brewhouse on 5/20/15

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
johngammal
Alchemist, member since
Condition of brewhouse on 5/20/15

Hi Chaos!  I don't want to be a drag, but the brewhouse was kind of a mess last night.  Most troubling was the front door was unlocked and the lights were on.  I was able to deal with the mill being busted, but could've saved a ton on time/frustration had I known earlier and had them milled elsewhere.  Garbage was not thrown out, mill area was a mess, glasses and oranges on the bar, drainer on station 2 is dirty, out of ferm cap, etc.  I'm sure I have not left it in a perfect state, especially on long brew days where shit goes wrong.  And I also know that it was Chicago Beer Week Tuesday Brewday (thanks for hosting and doing the work on the, Matt) and it may have been really fun and roudy. 

Just make sure that door is locked and lights are off.  Thanks to everyone that takes amazing care of the brewhouse and I'm sure this was just a product of a long, busy day. 

Just lock the fucking door.  Thanks Chaos!

John

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
That stinks.  Nothing like

That stinks.  Nothing like cleaning up other people's mess.  

On the same note, a reminder to rinse out the chiller with PBW and then water after you are done using it.  Sunday afternoon, it was full of beer from Saturday - no bueno.  

brockboland
brockboland's picture
Just a reminder—again—to run

Just a reminder—again—to run through a mental checklist before you leave the brewhouse. Or, better yet, use the one taped to the back door! The other night, I flushed a bunch of beer out of the chiller, after discovering that the groundwater line into it had been on overnight. I know we've got this bigass lake, but let's conserve a little on behalf of our brewing brethren in California, yeah?

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
We might have a bigass lake,

We might have a bigass lake, but we still have to pay the bills as well. 

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
I'll take full responsibility

I'll take full responsibility. That is unacceptable and I apologize. I am usually very clean and of course would lock everything up, I don't know why I didn't last week.