Need help: CHAOS is getting new appliances 4/12

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Need help: CHAOS is getting new appliances 4/12

My GF is donating a fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher to the club. We will be renting a box truck (or if you have one that will work - let me know!) and picking them up this Saturday 4/12. Most likely meet at the clubhouse and go from there.

I will need some help moving these things from her place (second story) to the brewhouse. Please let me know if you can make it. 

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
I thought we went over this

I thought we went over this awhile back about not needing a 2nd stove or are we replacing the one we have now?
I also see no need for a dishwasher or microwave. We had one at the old space and it was never used...

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
We are replacing everything

We are replacing everything and seeing if the dishwasher can work behind the bar.

I think a microwave will be useful, I was told that the one at the last brew house was broken and so I never used it.  I took it for face value since there was always paperwork in it.

I brew during the week at night and always bring food with me to heat up in the stove...I would definitely welcome a microwave.

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
Matt..what time are you

Matt..what time are you thinking?

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Mid morning, like 10. Not

Mid morning, like 10. Not sure of the process to approve funding for the truck... can you point me in the right direction Ken?

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
It's a pretty big job to

It's a pretty big job to install a dishwasher and  we have problems with water pressure now wait till you run it.

I would assume it would be installed in the front of the bar, that means electric, water and a drain would have to run to it. Thats a lot of work to wash glasses...

adman
adman's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
If we put the dishwasher in

If we put the dishwasher in the back left corner of the bar (facing the bar), aren't there water connections and a drain right there? I'm pretty sure there's also electric there on the west wall. I think having a dishwasher would be pretty great, but it's definitely a luxury.

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
The back area is set aside

The back area is set aside for the kezzer that goes there. I am some what hesitant to put any thing back there till we get the kezzer.

I am not at all sold on a dishwasher. I see it being where people throw their dirty glasses in there and then being not cleaned. Also I am assuming that it is a in cabnet unit which means ugly insulationon on the sides except for the front so we have to build a box around it.

I would rather have us intalle a sink behind the bar then a energy and pressure sucking dishwasher...

adman
adman's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
Speaking of the under-bar

Speaking of the under-bar kegerator, do we have any additional info on when that will become available?

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
I can't talk to water

I can't talk to water pressure but I think a diswasher is a really good idea. Most people have dishwashers and naturally/unconsciously put dirty dishes in there, so dirty glasses/dishes stand a better chance of getting in there and/or stand a better chance of not being left around the brewhouse. If it's full and dirty, all it takes is a person putting in soap and turning it on (much less effort than gathering and hand-washing other people's stuff; people may also be less grumpy about "cleaning up after others" if soap/button is all it entails). Also, glasses are stored behind the bar, so the clean glasses stand a better chance of getting back where they belong.

My two kaizen cents.

joefalck
joefalck's picture
To that end I believe a

To that end I believe a pegboard and numbered/named mugs would provide better accountability. There would be no question as to who's dirty mug is left out when it has your name on it...but that's off topic and another thread.

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Things have changed with this

Things have changed with this. Her appliances are now coming tomorrow, Sunday the 13th. I still need people to help me schlep this stuff down to the clubhouse. Please let me know asap. Thanks.

ktownsel
ktownsel's picture
Matt, not sure if you needed

Matt, not sure if you needed help yesterday or today. If you need help today let me know, I'm available. I can be reached at 773-551-0808.

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
Mat, what time do you need

Mat, what time do you need bodies?

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
This is driving me nuts. She

This is driving me nuts. She had an issue with delivery of the new, so now she's getting it delivered NEXT weekend. I'm shooting for Saturday having the truck at chaos no later than 10am.

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
I've forgotten, what are we

I've forgotten, what are we doing with the old appliances?

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
I believe that they are going

I believe that they are going to be surplus'd.  Sell to member/friend, craigslist, garbage, in that order.

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Heads up, I am going to grab

Heads up, I am going to grab the truck tomorrow and be at the brewhouse shortly after 10. I'm going to shoot up to Rogers park and be back before noon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Big shot out to ken and chuck

Big shot out to ken and chuck for their help today with the stove and fridge! Couldn't of done it without you guys!