CHAOS is putting together its summer camping trip and we will be heading to the Wolf River Camp Grounds in New London, Wisconsin. Wolf River is a private camp ground and that means…NO alcohol ban. The camp ground even has a bar on property. The site is situated on the Little Wolf River, which is perfect for tubing. The camp ground provides a shuttle bus that will take you and your inner-tube up river and drop you off. From there we will lazily float down the river back to camp…while drinking beers (of course). Central Waters Brewery is also close to the campsite, so we plan on making a pilgrimage as part of this trip. A more detailed itinerary will be forthcoming shortly.
The Important Details:
- Five camp sites have been reserved. A total of two tents may be placed on each site. No more than 4 people to each camp site. Ideally that’s two people with two tents for each site – which means there are a total of 20 spots for this camping trip. Therefore, this event will require you to RSVP. First come, first served, space is limited.
- This trip will most likely require the majority of you to take off at least one day.
- Dates and Itinerary for the trip: Friday June 15th (Leave Chicago, Central Waters Brewery Tour, Camping), Saturday June 16th (Camping, breakfast, Tubing), Sunday June 17th(Camp breakdown, in-town breakfast [optional], Return to Chicago)
- We will be doing a group dinner on Friday night and Saturday night; Group breakfast Saturday morning – all of which is included in the total costs. Lunch – you are on your own. There are grocery stores in town, restaurants, as well as food at the camp ground bar.
- Camping is $35 per person, regardless of how many nights you stay. The price will include Camping site fees, food, and firewood.
- Alcohol IS permitted in the campground and on the river. Please note that there is a glass bottle ban. This means that you must bring canned beer only! This shouldn’t be a problem for us. There are lots of really good craft beers that are being packaged in cans. They also haven’t mentioned anything about a keg ban…
- The Camp grounds have both toilet and shower facilitieswith hot and cold water. If you choose to utilize the showers, please be aware that the showers require you to deposit quarters in order for the showers to operate.
- This is camping…in June…dress appropriately. Don’t forget things like: sunscreen, a swim suit, towel, bug spray, etc.
- The clear water, gentle rapids, and scenery of the Little Wolf River make tubing a fun and relaxing activity. Tubing is $12 per personand includes tube rental and unlimited shuttle bus service. You may rent additional cooler tubes, also $12. Tubing runs from 9am – 4pm.
- Feel free to bring your own beverages to enjoy at the campsite. However, if you want a little more night life, the camp ground has a bar called “The Upper Deck” where both libations and food are served.