2016 Board Retreat Minutes

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
2016 Board Retreat Minutes

Hi all,

We had our annual board retreat on May 21st and plotted out the next year for the club. Please see attached for the meeting minutes: CHAOSBoardRetreat52116.pdf

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
Great work everyone.  Thank

Great work everyone.  Thank you for all the time and effort you put into the club.  It's no small thing, as reading through this proves beyond any doubt.

krisblouch
krisblouch's picture
Looks great. Thanks for

Looks great. Thanks for posting this.  Two things I'd love to chip in (everything else is great).

1: Please don't buy a computer or a amazon fire/google chrome stick... the rasberry pi does all of that for a total cost of 80 bucks, including the bluetooth keyboard mouse combo so you can use it comfortably. It will be installed this week at some point. Also, not only will I have a backup image, I can create multiple images for multiple sd chips if you want it to do other things (nes/snes/sega emulator? Already have that image with every US game ever made, for example).

2: Posting 'no guns' signs on our front and back doors is going to send a very bad message to our neighbors. I'm sorry that situation happened, but I'd like to assume it was just a one off event. My 2 cents.

Thanks guys!

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
Can we cast to raspberry pi?

Can we cast to raspberry pi? How do we get local sports? (Do you have bunny ears?)

Matt Kopecki
Matt Kopecki's picture
is using the raspPi going to

is using the raspPi going to be as user friendly as something as simple as a fire stick/chomecast? the beauty of those is that theyre dead simple. might lack some functionality, but the TV you use is better than the one you don't...

TV also has multiple inputs, so there's room to grow

krisblouch
krisblouch's picture
Any thing you can "cast" to a

Any thing you can cast to a chrome cast you can just run on the pi  (chrome only casts the browser, if I remember right from the one we have at work). Think of the pi as a fully functioning laptop with HD output. So you turn it on, a desktop appears and you click the chrome icon and there you go.

Local sports is outside the realm of both a pi, laptop, and a chrome stick. Digital antena's are cheap too though. Probably a good idea.  I would just ask that folks try it out before we move forward and see what it can do. Not saying it's "my way only", just saw in the meeting minutes that those were about to be ordered and was hoping folks would wait a minute and try this out first.

Check it out when you're in the club next week and then go forward with ordering other things? I'm going to install it friday. Don't know if Jim ordered the keyboard yet though.

krisblouch
krisblouch's picture
https://www.amazon.com
Kevin_1989
Apprentice, member since
I had a spare set of Digital

I had a spare set of Digital TV Antennas sitting around. I dropped it off at the brewhouse this afternoon but didn't have time to hook it up. It's sitting on the bar below the TV. Here is the model:

http://www.rcaantennas.net/indoor-hd-antenna/?sku=ANT121F

I haven't tried the HD hookup but I'm sure it works moderately well.

krisblouch
krisblouch's picture
Thanks man; I'll hook it up

Thanks man; I'll hook it up when I do the pi.

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
These are awesome notes from

These are awesome notes from the retreat!

Just FYI, I had reached out to PS1 a while ago with no response.

Also, several places list Oktoberfest as October 9th which is a Sunday. It's acctually Saturday October 8th.