2016 Elections - Board of Directors Member (3 Year Term)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
2016 Elections - Board of Directors Member (3 Year Term)

If you would like to nominate a CHAOS Member or yourself for one of the three available board positions please do so by replying to this thread. 

There is nothing in the bylaws which prevent a director from voluntarily contributing monetarily to the club but above and beyond money the board of directors is comprised of people who are devoted to the club emotionally, physically, mentally, intellectually, and socially; what they really offer is ideas, encouragement, making connections for the club as well as within the club, giving the club direction, community building initiatives (e.g., identifying and fostering future committed and active members), and enthusiastically and energetically promoting the club’s mission (which is, first and foremost, education and community involving home and craft brew).

Board of Director Member Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):

• Must be present at a minimum 75% of board meetings (attendance may be via telephone, i.e., someone who is present putting you on speaker phone);
  • Must contribute time and energy continually and substantially to the benefit of the club. This may include but is certainly not limited to: being present at club events (classes, festivals, etc.); organizing and arranging the brew house; participating in online and in-person discussions.
  • Discussing – and subsequently approving/denying – requests and proposals from Officers;
  • Making contacts and reaching out to people on behalf of the club (including potential and current partners);

Directors can, should, and will be subject to removal “with or without cause” (according to the bylaws) by simple majority vote of the other board of directors. Basically what that means is that Directors must indeed continually and substantially devote time and energy to the club lest other directors deem you are not “pulling your weight” and vote you off the island.

Note: Any posts that are not a nomination (this includes discussion about candidates) will be deleted without mercy.

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
Which BoD members' terms are

Which BoD members' terms are up? 

Have some mercy...

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
Me, Ken Getty, and Conrad...

Me, Ken Getty, and Conrad...

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
I'd like to nominate James

I'd like to nominate James Tsai(aka Boolish) if he is interested.  He is one of the most active members that I know of, and is always around helping out at the brewhouse, parties and events.  He is constantly going out of his way to gain and share knowledge(not to mention his beer) with the club and I think he would be a great member of the Board.

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
Thanks, Jeff. Then I suppose

Thanks, Jeff. Then I suppose I would like to re-nominate you! 

Jeff is also very active in the club, both on the brewing front and with his current position on the board. I know he makes the time to attend the required meetings and is active in our online discussions. Jeff has also painstakingly offered again and again to host seasonal parties, a job which I often find goes without the respect it truly deserves. If Jeff is up for it, I would really like to see him take on a re-election role as his previous experience will be invaluable toward tutelage of the younger board members such as myself and for any other first-timers that may be elected. 

I would also like to nominate Jim Vondracek. Jim is also a very active brewer and continues to show a great desire to be a part of the organizational aspect of the brewhouse, resupplying it as needed. He has organized various educational/social events for CHAOS including both a visit to Lagunitas and an upcoming trip to Blue Island. Jim is very organized, and we could use his many talents on the BoD. I do believe he said he was going to be doing a fair amount of travel for work, but hopefully he could still find time for this position. 

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
I'm up for another four years

I'm up for another three years!  Vote Whelpley!

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
I do travel for work one week

I do travel for work one week out of every month, usually Monday through Friday.  I am willing to serve as a board member or as the treasurer (which Mark nominated me for), if needed.  

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
I would like to nominate Rob

I would like to nominate Rob Caro, aka Icehouse, for a board position. I like his initiative. He has stepped up as cellar and keg master for our parties. In the past, this has always been a bit dicey right up until the party starts. Rob has organized it enough to where we already know how many beers we can serve at Cerveza and still have five week to go.

Rob also brews a lot and is engaged in what is happening with the club and at the brew house.

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
You just beat me to it, Jeff!

You just beat me to it, Jeff!  I was also going to nominate Rob - so instead, I'll second his nomination. 

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
Thanks for the consideration

Thanks for the consideration guys. I'm interested and would be up for it.

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
I nominate Mark Walters for

I nominate Mark Walters for the Board of Directors.  As the parting President, I think it is imperative for this position to also be a voting member.  Mark is a former BoD member and the only person in CHAOS that has personally guaranteed our lease. 

joefalck
joefalck's picture
I had to get home...results?

I had to get home...results?