CHAOS Elections 2021 – Secretary (1 year)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
StevenLane
StevenLane's picture
Alchemist, member since
CHAOS Elections 2021 – Secretary (1 year)

Our annual club elections are coming up Tue Jun 8th, and all five Executive Officer positions are open for nominations. If you would like to nominate a CHAOS Member or yourself for Secretary please do so by replying to this thread.

Secretary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):

Record the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors (which is satisfied merely by letting an mp3 recorder run at the meetings) as well as other meetings where voting occurs; send out all notices (e.g., of meetings); keep the corporate records (e.g., bylaws); other temporary duties as assigned by the president or Board of Directors; in charge of timely changing the registered agent with the Secretary of State and for timely filing the corporation’s annual report with the IRS. 

Note: Any posts that are not a nomination (this includes discussion about candidates) will be deleted without mercy.

Jim Vondracek
Jim Vondracek's picture
Alchemist, member since
Its been a few years since I

Its been a few years since I was an officer (I served as treasurer before recruiting Ben to take over), our family responsibilities have lightened, and I'd like to be more engaged with CHAOS in this way.  So I'm nominating myself for the secretary position.  

Over the past few years, I've done quite a few brewhouse projects for the club, keeping things going, and have also organized and led many educational workshops and tastings.  Have previously organized our club-only style-specific competitions and helped build relationships for the club with breweries.  Regularly put together barrel projects for club members. 

In other brewing-related items, I've written for Zymurgy, am the editor for Brewer's Friend and serve as the BJCP's Assistant Representative for the Midwest Region.  

Ben r.
Ben r.'s picture
Alchemist, member since
I nominate Jim for this

I nominate Jim for this position.  He is a long-time contributing member our the club, has been with us through thick and thin, and would be excellent in this position.