I saw this on Facebook and thought it would be a good one to share:
Calling all home brewers! We’re holding a Home Brew Competition on Saturday, July 21 from 1-4pm, along with a tapping party. In addition to showcasing your beer to a crowd of craft beer enthusiasts, the top home brewer will have their beer brewed, tapped and bottled at Flossmoor Station. If you think you have what it takes to win, sign up beginning Pre-Dark Lord Day 2018 week (May 14-20) by visiting the Station, calling us at 708-957-BREW (2739) or emailing us at [email protected]. We’ll accept entries through the end of May or until spaces run out. There is no entry fee.
• Ales only.
• Up to 2 people per team.
• Only 1 beer can be submitted per team.
• Must provide at least 24 bottles (12 ounces) or 2 gallons for the competition.
• A panel of judges will judge each beer and award the top prizes.
• Attendees will also be allowed to vote on a “crowd favorite” that doesn’t affect the outcome of the competition.
• 1st: The top beer will be brewed at Flossmoor Station with a tapping and bottle release. Winner gets 2 cases of their bottles and 4 bottles of Wooden Hell.
• 2nd: 4 Bottles of Wooden Hell
• 3rd: 2 Bottles of Wooden Hell
• “Crowd Favorite”: 2 Bottles of Wooden Hell