Ok everyone ive got a recipe nailed down for this next addition to the bourbon maple syrup barrel. If everything goes good we should be taking the beer out of there by mid febuary.
11lb 12oz Marris otter
12oz crystal 40
12oz victory malt
6oz special toasted malt(marris @300deg. for 45min. night before brew day.)
2oz black paten
Mash at 157 for 90 min.
.75oz centenial @60min
1liter us-04 starter
primary for 3weeks then rack untill we are ready.
The hops i used were the C-type hops we got from david. If you didnt get any and want enough for this beer for free let me know.
be careful with the longer boil again we dont want to come up under volume again.
Also i dont have the numbers we are supposed to hit on me once i get home ill look at my beer smith to get gravities and volume.
below is the curreny list of brewers involved, if anyone wants out or in let me know asap.
1. Josh Smith - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - Paid
2. Lucas - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - Paid
3. Jeff W - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - paid
4. Jonas - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - paid
5. Rich - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - Paid
6. Bill - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - Paid
7. Ken - brewed - $7.71 for Rasberries - paid
We can also start debating the amount of raspberry to put in when we do. I think we should do 24oz frozen per 5gal batch. So maby 84oz over this whole barrel, thoughts?
If you cant brew asap, or need any help, or anything let me know.