Dark night at Acre Restaurant 12/22/11

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
DanMcCarthy
DanMcCarthy's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
Dark night at Acre Restaurant 12/22/11

Just stumbled upon this event while browsing HB talk.

http://www.chicagobeergeeks.com/ai1ec_event/the-dark-night-2011-acre-restaurant/?instance_id=278

I'm working nights, so I cannot make it, but this sounds pretty awesome and felt obligated to pass it on. Cheers!

DanMcCarthy
DanMcCarthy's picture
Cool, thanks for the reviews

Cool, thanks for the reviews Daniel. Sounds like you had a good time! If you find a bottle of that creme brûlée beer, let me know, I would like to check that out.

DanielBarker
DanielBarker's picture
Thanks to Dave and Kelli for

Thanks to Dave and Kelli for driving me and my bike home.  XV was great but not terrific.  Compared to Bourbon County Vanilla it was downright boring.  BCV was great, the vanilla is very subtle in the entire taste, subdued like it should be, and it really lingers on your tongue after you've finished the sip.  This is exactly the way vanilla should function in a beer, although it makes it seem rediculous for people to pay so much extra for the vanilla variant as it isn't an essentially different beer and if regular BC was cheaper at a bar, I'd buy that instead.  Big Black Van by 3Floyds was in my opinion a bad beer.  It was way too hoppy and the hops didn't function well with the malt flavors.  It tasted like a trainwreck in my mouth.  Dave thought different.  Had King Henry again, it was great.  Had the Creme Brulee beer, it was a-mazing and would love to get a bottle.  It tastes and smells like Creme Brulee (that's my review).  The Stone Anise RIS which was accidently ordered still tastes and smells bad.  I think that's it?  

DanMcCarthy
DanMcCarthy's picture
I take you went then, Daniel?

I take you went then, Daniel? How was it? That was a pretty nice list of beers. I really would like to try that Firestone Walker XV...heard good things.

DanielBarker
DanielBarker's picture
can't believe how drunk I got

can't believe how drunk I got so quick.

lagerdan
lagerdan's picture
Apprentice, member since
Working nights too

Working nights too

DanMcCarthy
DanMcCarthy's picture