First All Grain Brew at Brew House Saturday 1/14

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ksaberni
ksaberni's picture
First All Grain Brew at Brew House Saturday 1/14

I would like to brew my first all grain brew at the brew house.  This will be my first time brewing at the brew house.  Will there be any alchemist available on Saturday to run me through the orienation and possibly stay for guidance as I brew my all grain batch?  I would like to get to the brew house at 11am and begin brewing by noon.  If this day does not work, I am off work on wednesday 1/18 and thursday 1/19 so I could also brew on these days.  Alchemists, let me know what works best for you. Thanks alot!

BrianHickey
BrianHickey's picture
Web-only, member since
Anybody mind if I stop by the

Anybody mind if I stop by the brewhouse and watch over your shoulders? ...I'll even provide an extra pair of hands if needed.

David
David's picture
Alchemist, member since
if you come around noon, so

if you come around noon, so that brewing is staggered...there should be enough space and equipment for u to use. 

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
Since I won't be there,

Since I won't be there, someone can use my pot and tun (pot's labeled "JWiC"; the tun's not labeled but it's the red, rectangular one); go ahead and use my burner (the janky, reverse-thread one) and my gas (labeled "JWiC" as well).

Kyle
Kyle's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
Depending on when people

Depending on when people start brewing, some people may have to wait to use equipment. I am not positive how many people are brewing and what time everyone is starting.

ksaberni
ksaberni's picture
Ok, cool.  Will there be

Ok, cool.  Will there be enough equipment to brew on?  Also, Kyle whats your cell number in case i need to call you to unlock the gate in the back?

Kevin Saberniak

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
<sigh>  We have one; we are

<sigh>  We have one; we are still discussing how it should work. Since people have to contact Alchemists to let them in anyway, we Alchemists will, for the time being, keep an eye on how crowded it's getting on any given day.

Chris, check the "Organized Chaos" group for a discussion which I started entitled "Google Calendar" to catch up on that discussion.

Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy's picture
Shouldn't we create a google

Shouldn't we create a google calendar or something for brew times. No one has anyway of knowing when anybody is brewing. I hate show up and have it be too crowded.

Kyle
Kyle's picture
I believe Dave, Tommy and

I believe Dave, Tommy and myself are all planning on brewing this Saturday. There should however still be enough room for you to brew. There will be plenty of people to help guide you.

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
Kevin, awesome to hear you're

Kevin, awesome to hear you're availing yourself of the brew house! I'm sorry but I'll be out of town.