I am interested in doing this again if anyone else is:
Has anyone received any communication from them yet
We were just talking about this yesterday. They have contacted me asking if we wanted to do it again this year. As I will not be here I was going ask if someone wants to organize it this year.
The emperor is not as forgiving as i am
I'll do it if others are interested
I can brew for it, but am going to Riot Fest, so can't make the festival.
I'll brew and help out and pour at the fest.
Bill - Please forward the info to me. Thanks
I would be interested in helping out.
From last year, most of the logistics seem to be on the club to haul equipoment over to fest and deal with lodging. They're a well run fest and they have a large loading window.
We need a giant jeraboam or something again. That really reeled them in.
im in to go again. 6 litter bottle in tow.
I'm in again for this year!
I'm totally down to help brew and volunteer for this!
I'm in to brew and help too
Awesome. That is probably as many or more than we can bring. I reserved a room at the Comfort inn, but if anyone has line on something better and reasonable I can switch. We should still be able to sneak over to the marriott and dishonor the hot tub and crash a wedding again.
....and hopefully find Bob, if he is still missing.
Have you guys received any detailed informationa bout the festival yet? How many beers, what are we expected to bring, etc...
I have asked Bill a couple times to forward it....
I'm working on it. Can't seem to find the email I recieved.
I have the e-mail address from last year, I'll just reach out to them. I found it using a search feature. I'll show you how to use it next time I see you, Bill
Got the invite and signing us up. Will post the details. 4 comp tickets, up to 6 discounted. And free lunch!
We're in. I'll post more info as I get it:
10' x 10' Booth Space
Passes for 4 of your Club Members
Discount on up to 6 Additional Tickets
Lunch for Participating Members
Discount on 2017 Fest Merchandise
First four who responded get the comps as long as they make a beer for it, next 6 get the discounted whether they do or not.
I'll take a discounted ticket and jump in on your room reservation
"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen
I'd be interested as well. I'd be more than happy to brew as well if we're not already at capacity
So this is what I have so far, let me know if I missed anyone:
Attending with discounted tickets(Brewing optional)
If it is the same as last year, they ask us to bring a minimum of 30 gallons, so if everyone brings 5 or so, we have it covered already. Once those who are brewing figure out what they want to bring, post it here and I'll update this list.
I plan to brew an elderflower saison.
I expected nothing less, Jeff
Rich how many reservations of rooms did you make? I can book one too if anyone wants to room withne I don't think we're fitting 10 guys in your 1 room. But i do think it would be easier if we all stick to the same hotel this year.
No, my room is full unless you want to bunk with Pete. If people are planning on staying, I suggest they book a room sooner than later. I looked at Airbnb, but there wasn't much to be had that I could see.
I'll room with ya Josh!
I'm gonna make a NEIPA again, right?
It's gonna either be that or a gosebier. If anyone else wants to take the murky IPA mantle I'm cool with that.
I'm going with a classic California IPA, in the vain of Sierra Nevada
James - Go for it. Just remember this thing is 3+ months away, so don't get in too big of a hurry on those IPAs...
Sounds good chuck il book it. Ill be making a seasion mead again and something special in dat 6 liter bottle
There is still one discount ticket available for this. They must be purchased by 8/21. If interested, let me know and I will send you the code.
From the organizer:
Greeting future inhabitants of Homebrew Island.
Just a few things to get going on before we really kick into gear:
Many of you have been asking about discount tickets for members of your club who will not be pouring for your booth. Here is the deal: 6 are available to each club. Please do so by the solar eclipse (August 21 just in case you haven’t heard)
The theme for this year’s event is M*A*S*H, so break out your camo and home made stills………..wait, please don’t bring those. We would probably lose our license.
You will be hearing from me mid August with all the load-in info. So, till then happy brewing, and let me know if you have any more questions, Kitty
I'm not all that jazzed about the theme, but if anyone wants to dress up as Hot Lips Houlihan, I'm not going to censor them(looking at you John G). If anyone is interested in the theme, run with it. Probably a good time to start planning your brew for this if you haven't already.
Also,If anyone is planning on staying in Racine Saturday night, you should probably book pretty soon. I just switched to the Delta MArriott across the street because others are staying there, and they have a pool, a hot tub, and a bar, and that's how we roll. I'm pretty sure the shuttle picks up there if anyone is interested in that.
I'm out now :(
Have to take my daughter tio college that weekend.
LMK if you still want me to brew for you though
We'll happily bring it if you do Reed, but I think we're fine on beer if you don't, so your call.
Chuck / John,
I also just confirmed and booked our room at the Marriott as well. We can split up the costs there.
Damn I forgot I'm in on this. Anyone still need a room/have a spare bed they want to split?
Just a reminder for those not on the Slack Forum to make sure your beer is ready by Fest time if you committed to brewing one. Also, for those buying the discount tickets, I believe the last day is this Monday to do so.
Also, for those who were in the last barrel project, is there any interest in pitching in together to do a timed release of Vanilla Darling? I would think a case of bombers would be sufficient. No obligation, but as I recall we did Berry and Cherry Darling last year and it was a big hit.
Please confirm what you are brewing in the next week or so so we can get a menu together. Thanks.
Here is what I have for beers. If I missed anyone, let me know
I don't know when all of you are heading up but I planned on being at the BH next Wednesday to do a run-through of our equipment to make sure we have everything we need cleaned for serving.
If anyone wants to help me out, please come by!
Also, we pretty desperately need gas to car beers for the party. There's almost none left at the BH, so either someone has to make the run NFC during the day, or I'm gonna need to borrow someone's gas lines.
I'll come by. Sounds like it is mainly your personal CO2 supply now, so...
Im making a raspberry session mead for the occasion sas well but i started it kinda late if it finishes off il be bringing it. Also im driving with chuck meeting at the brewhouse anyone else nneed a ride? I'll take 1 more
I started a spreadsheet, please fill in beer info(name, description(brief), abv, etc) in addition to any other equipment you think we might need:
Last chance to fill in any info on the sheet. You don't want me naming your beer.
What time do we have to be there to set up?
10:30 gates open for set-up. They are only allowing the four people who are listed as set-ups(Me, Todd, Josh, JAmes) in the Vendor gates to set up unfortunately, which means which means anyone else will need to wait until the fest opens to join us, which sucks. Here's all the details:
1. The vendor gate will open at 10:30 am. Pull in to the south gate of the zoo. Home Brew Island is the first clearing on your left as you enter the grounds. There are no assigned booth spaces. See me about where you will be setting up your bar. The earlier you come, the better your chances of getting the spot you want. Once you have unpacked your car, drive north through the north gate and park your vehicle. Parking is at a premium around the zoo, so carpooling is encouraged.
2. We want you to be set up on time so that you might enjoy the complimentary brewer’s lunch, which is from noon to 1:00. As you come thru the vendor gate you will be checked in by name, given your wristband, glass and ticket for the brewer’s lunch. Only those whose names are on our list will be admitted through the vendor gate. Period. If there are last minute changes to your club participants, you can replace one of your 4 members with another, but the new person MUST have the name of the person that they are replacing to get in. You may not pick up wristbands and glasses for your people that will be coming later. Every club member must check in thru the vendor gate in person to receive those items.
3. VIP begins at 2:00 pm. Absolutely no cars or trucks will be admitted thru the south gate after 2:00. If you arrive late you will have to cart your product by your own hand truck. No exceptions.
4. If you want electricity for your booth you must let me know asap. It is available, but the lines will have to be run before Friday, so if you do not ask for it in advance, we probably won’t be able to accommodate you on Saturday. Please bring your own extension cords if you need them
5. Bar counters will be provided—one per club. If your club has a pop-up bar and does NOT require one of ours please let me know. We save our pennies where we can.
6. Other than that, you will need to bring your own pop-up tents, buckets, jockey boxes, etcetera. Also a sensible addition to your list should be shims of any sort. The ground is very uneven at Home Brew Island, and you may want to steady whatever it is that you are setting up with bits of wood, etc.
7. Ice, rinse water, and buckets will be provided by the GLBF, brought to your counter when you arrive, and serviced all day. I will make every attempt to stay on top of everyone’s needs, but there are now 20 of you and only one of me, so send someone to me if I am missing you and I will get it all taken care of as efficiently as possible.
8. Swag for homebrew Islanders will be available at a discount. A code will be provided soon, so that you can pre-order the items online, and then they will be delivered to you Saturday morning at your booth. How’s that for service? They will also be available at the event, but pre-ordering will assure that you get the size you want.
9. The 3oz pour line is marked on the glass. Please, …please observe it. This is a tasting event. Not a “let’s get S$%t-faced” event. The GLBF is under scrutiny by those who license us, as well as those who insure us, as well as the local law enforcement. Though you are not licensed bar tenders, we trust you to not over-serve your products to our clients. If you want to continue enjoying this event for years to come, your co-operation in this matter iscrucial. I will be observing you as you pour during the day, and if you continue to over-fill glasses, your club will not be invited to return to other HBP events.
10. At the end of the event I will come by to tell you that it is time to pull your taps. This must be done on time, and is also under scrutiny by those who are just looking for a reason to not allow home brew at these events.
Just a note, everyone who wants their beer transported to Racine, needs to have it at the brewhouse and labeled Friday evening. If you are planning on transporting it yourself and are not Todd, Josh or James, you will need to coordinate meeting one of us at the zoo by 10:30am, or they won't let you in with it.
We completely ruled this fest, again. Anything fruity or in a giant bottle kills it in Racine. We went through a ton of beer and people kept coming back, the booth was hoppin, super fun day. Lots of interest in the club, especially from other clubs wanting to join the inter-club party next year if it's on.
Totally agree! There was a lot of action and conversation at our tent. All the beers were solid and talked about with enthusiasm. Great job by the setup members!!!! Thanks for taking the lead on this, Rich
Check out the awesome brew house, cool people, informative classes, exciting events, and discounts around town. Join today!
Here are some of the places where members get discounts on supplies, ingredients, and brews. View All