Stout and Chili Night 2018 (S+CNVII)!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
roussel@mac.com
Alchemist, member since
Stout and Chili Night 2018 (S+CNVII)!

Welcome to Stout and Chili Night 2018 (S+CNVII)! 

For those of you new to CHAOS or our parties, S+CN was our first party, it's our biggest, and IMHO the best party! We always have a great turnout and generally there are more beers submitted for this party. 
That being said, we'll need more volunteers, beer and food than ever to help us make our 7th iteration of this party as bad-ass as you'd expect!

This will be a people's choice competition with a trophy will be awarded!

Chili capped at 10 entries, plus a house Chili. 
Chili makers please plan for 4-6 gallons to ensure we have enough for everyone. 
You will be compensated up to $30 per chili. Please save receipts.

This thread will serve as a general planning area around S+CN with separate, specific threads as needed. 

Details

When: Saturday, January 27th 2018 from 6:00-Midnight
Where: 2417 West Hubbard Chicago, IL 60612
Food: We're bringing back the chili competition. Categories and rules to follow.
Beer: Yes. Use signup sheet.
Entertainment: Titan Fun Key - http://www.facebook.com/TitanFunKey/

Links
Volunteer, Beer and chili list here. Use the tabs at the bottom to navigate: https://goo.gl/nU4WJd

Roles
If you're interested in one of these roles, let me know!

Co-Hosts: Reed R, Matt O, Jon P & Ben R
Designers: Steven L 
Tap & Gas Master: James T & Rob C
Social Media and Press Relations: Jeff W
Photographer: Keirstyn S
Beer School Coordinators: Jay G

Matt Kopecki
Matt Kopecki's picture
6:00-Midnight indeed.

6:00-Midnight indeed. wink

Can't wait!

JimChochola
JimChochola's picture
I interrupt this thread to

I interrupt this thread to bring you a tid-bit from the annals of CHAOS hisory...

As someone who was on board from nearly the beginning, I think it's way cool that the club has lasted SOO long and we've had so many new members that the history is already getting hazy.

Our first party ever was actually the fall party, not Stout & Chili Night (maybe S+CH was our first party in the current brew house?).

The fall party has taken on several permutations but the very first event we ever had was called Ides of Cider, on October 15th, 2011 (Iggy and David had just started the club in April of 2011). Here's the link to what few photos there are, if I find more on a hard drive somewhere, I'll upload more (CLICK HERE).

Below is the poster we hung up around town advertising the event Graphics for our events has ALWAYS been done by the one, the only Steven Lane (with some eventual help from others along the way).

Brandon Kessler
Brandon Kessler's picture
Alchemist, member since
Very cool, Jim! Everyone's

Very cool, Jim! Everyone's hair was so short! ha. We're glad you guys started the club, and you should be proud of what you accomplished!

Matt O
Alchemist, member since
LOL at Iggy's hair. We should

LOL at Iggy's hair. We should legit beat the streets again and hang posters. I bet that would totally drum up more interest.

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
I think that's a great idea!!

I think that's a great idea!!

Ben r.
Ben r.'s picture
Alchemist, member since
We're already halfway there

We're already halfway there for beer and chili sign ups - but we need more! 

Use the link above if you want your beer to be famous on S&C nite!   There also are plenty of easy spots open to volunteer - which will earn you a free friend membership for a guest!  

CHAOS is counting on you!

- Ben & Jon

Steve3730
Alchemist, member since
Ben you inspired me, just

Ben you inspired me, just added another beer and added to the volunteer list!

Ben r.
Ben r.'s picture
Alchemist, member since
Excellent! Thanks Steve!

Excellent! Thanks Steve!

roussel@mac.com
Alchemist, member since
If anyone has any other guest

If anyone has any other guest brewers besides HTH that will be pouring at S+CN please add them to the Beer Tab on the Google Sheet - https://goo.gl/nU4WJd

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
We will have some special

We will have some special guests joining us at Stout Night. Beerpinions will be recording one of their podcasts at Stout Night. This will include interviewing club members, chili cookoff contestants, and random party attendees. Great exposure for the club and our parties!

http://beerpinions.co/