2014 October Group Buy

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
2014 October Group Buy

It's been awhile - lots of people want grain. I'll be your group buy host. This buy is a full pallet, if we fill it fast, then it will be 2 pallets.

http://www.chaosbrewclub.net/groupbuy/3

meredithvandehaar
meredithvandehaar's picture
This still going on? I'm

This still going on? I'm interested in some grain.

EDIT: I got an error that the group buy has ended, which is what prompted the question. It is resolved and I'm able to place an order. 

Boollish
Boollish's picture
Alchemist, member since
How exactly does delivery

How exactly does delivery charge work on this? It says there's a $3 charge per item, but I was under the impression that it was going to be delivered as a whole pallet.

meredithvandehaar
Yeah, that's weird, eh?

Yeah, that's weird, eh?

josh s
josh s's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
It does indeed come on a

It does indeed come on a whole pallet the $3/item is to cover the cost by dividing it among the whole pallet.

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
How many sacks are configured

How many sacks are configured on a pallet?

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
42 sacks, I believe. 

42 sacks, I believe. 

Boollish
Boollish's picture
Alchemist, member since
I have also been previously

I have also been previously told that belgian candi sugar would be available through the group buy program. Is there any way I could get in on that too? I don't see any thing on the checkout list.

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
Bumping this to the top. If

Bumping this to the top. If MidCountry Malt sells candi sugar we can order it for you. There are still almost 30 open sacks on this pallet.

Boollish
Boollish's picture
Alchemist, member since
Experimenting with candi

Experimenting with candi sugar would be awesome. Is there anyway to get a prcie quote on that?

Also, since we're on the topic of other ingredients, I saw that country malt sells bulk hops as well. Is that something we could get our hands on as well or would that have to be ordered seperately?

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
If the pallet isn't filled,

If the pallet isn't filled, will the buy be aborted?

Kyle N
Kyle N's picture
Alchemist, member since
Bulk hop orders from Country

Bulk hop orders from Country Malt are really hit or miss. We'll need to fill 11 lb for each varietal that you'd want and they don't know the extent of how their contracts will trickle down to homebrewers until their commercial orders are filled. 

Also, harvest is basically happening right now. So it's best to wait if you're in the market for any of the popular varieties. Although I do think Yakima Valley Hops has started listing their fresh crop already. 

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
The order with MCM will go

The order with MCM will go through even if we don't fill the pallet. We might leave the order open until just after the meeting Sunday.

joefalck
joefalck's picture
I may be in, I need to check

I may be in, I need to check my stocks and report back...

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
Mark - When would this get

Mark - When would this get delivered?  I was planning on ordering a few tonight, but would need it by next week.

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
We'll close this Sunday and

We'll close this Sunday and delivery should be by next Friday. 

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
That works, thanks Mark.

That works, thanks Mark.

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
Mark- Do you know yet around

Mark- Do you know yet around what time this will be delivered tomorrow?

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
The group buy will be

The group buy will be delivered tomorrow. R&L carriers only gives us about 30 min notice - but it will be during business hours. If anyone is available to meet the truck, please let me know, thanks!

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
What time would it arrive?

What time would it arrive?

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
That's the thing - we only

That's the thing - we only get 30 min advanced notice.

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
Shoot, I am not sure I can

Shoot, I am not sure I can swing that unless it comes at 12:30.

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
Grain is delivered, thanks

Grain is delivered, thanks all!

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
Thanks Mark!  I'm getting

Thanks Mark!  I'm getting mine tomorrow when I brew.

Rich
Rich's picture
Alchemist, member since
Thanks Mark. I'll get mine

Thanks Mark. I'll get mine in the morning too.

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
If you were in on the group

If you were in on the group buy and haven't picked-up your grain, please do so by today.  Thanks!

meredithvandehaar
I'll be by later in the

I'll be by later in the evening. I'm still in Madison from the Badger brew comp.

clblittle
Ill come get mine today or

Ill come get mine today or tomorrow. I had no idea that it was delivered already.

johngammal
Alchemist, member since
I'm sorry, I didn't know it

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was delivered already.  I can pick mine up tomorrow.

johngammal
Alchemist, member since
Hi everyone.  I went to pick

Hi everyone.  I went to pick up my grains today and I'm missing a Marris Otter bag.  I ordered a Marris Otter, 2-Row, and Pilsner.  All were there but the Marris Otter, which I believe was a Thos Fawcett & Sons.  There are four bags left (Great Western Malting Co Premium 2 Row, TFS Caramalt, Briess Pilsner and Briess CBW (r) Golden Light Dry.  Can you guys please check your bags and let me know if you accidentally took my Marris Otter bag.  Thanks!

josh s
josh s's picture
I was there last night and

I was there last night and picked up my 2row, and maris otter.  The marris otter was the last bag.

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
John - I just checked your

John - I just checked your order - You ordered a Bairds Maris Otter

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
Mark...can you post the list

Mark...can you post the list of who ordered what so people can double check their orders. Thanks!

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
Josh S
Josh S 1 TF-MOPA Thomas Fawcett & Sons - UK Maris Otter 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Josh S 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
clblittle 1 GW-2ROW Great Western Malting Company - Washington, USA Premium 2-Row 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ICEHOUSE 666 1 BM-5317 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA Wheat Malt, White 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ICEHOUSE 666 1 CM-SPIL Canada Malting Company - Canada Superior Pilsen 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ICEHOUSE 666 1 CM-MUNH Canada Malting Company - Canada Munich Malt 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ICEHOUSE 666 1 CM-2ROW Canada Malting Company - Canada Canadian 2-Row 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Boollish 1 BM-5353 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA Vienna Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Boollish 1 BM-5303 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA Pilsen Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Boollish 1 BM-5351 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA Victory® Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
markvandehaar 1 CM-WHET Canada Malting Company - Canada Wheat Malt 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
markvandehaar 1 TF-MOPA Thomas Fawcett & Sons - UK Maris Otter 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
johngammal 1 GW-2ROW Great Western Malting Company - Washington, USA Premium 2-Row 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
johngammal 1 BD-MOPA Bairds Malt - UK Maris Otter 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
johngammal 1 CZ-PILS Prostejov Malting - Czech Republic Pilsen 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Jeff W 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
NGandhi 1 BM-5748 Briess Dried Malt Extract Golden Light (4°L) 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
SeanC 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Jefftravis17 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Rich 1 BD-MOPA Bairds Malt - UK Maris Otter 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Rich 1 FB-PILS Malteries Franco-Belges - France Pilsen 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
Rich 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ICEHOUSE 666 1 GW-VIEN Great Western Malting Company - Washington, USA Vienna Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ChuckMac 1 CM-RYEM Canada Malting Company - Canada Rye Malt 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
ChuckMac 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
chirocky 1 BM-5298 Briess Malting Company - Wisconsin, USA 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
kengetty 1 BZ-PILS Best Malz - Germany Pilsen 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
kengetty 1 TF-MOPA Thomas Fawcett & Sons - UK Maris Otter 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
kengetty 1 BZ-VIEN Best Malz - Germany Vienna 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
MarkWalters 1 TF-CARM Thomas Fawcett & Sons - UK CaraMalt 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
MarkWalters 1 CM-2ROW Canada Malting Company - Canada Canadian 2-Row 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
MarkWalters 1 GW-C60 Great Western Malting Company - Washington, USA 2-Row Crystal 60 50 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
MarkWalters 1 BD-MUNH Bairds Malt - UK Munich 55 lb. bag 1 Edit -Delete
josh s
josh s's picture
I didnt notice but I just

I didnt notice but I just checked the one I took, It was bairds maris otter, so that one must be yours john.  

Ill bring it with me next saturday when we brew the westy.

The one I bought was TF&S, so that means mine is missing?  How will this be fixed?