Wing Week 2014 - Cobra Lounge has gotten rid of its wings special

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boonji
Boonji's picture
Wing Week 2014 - Cobra Lounge has gotten rid of its wings special

Today is a very sad day, It looks like Cobra Lounge has stop doing their thursday night wing special.  I guess they are replacing it with a rib tip special.  Do you guys still want to go to Cobra next thursday for wings and just pay the regular price or do you want to try a different place?

So far the only decedent place I have found for thursday night wings specials are Toons or the Bird's nest and we are alreadying going to the Bird's nest on sunday.  Let me know if everyone has any suggestions or knows of an alternative to Cobra they want to try.

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
Kincades has a Thursday wing

Kincades has a Thursday wing special ($.40) and they are right off the Brown Line on Armitage.  Decent tap list, nothing too crazy...but I remeber there wings being equal to Cobra in terms of quality if not a little better.

The Rail on Damen and Lawerence has $.25 wings and $3 Nachos...both good, but there service and tap list can be dissappointing.  Right off the Brown Line as well.

kengetty
kengetty's picture
Alchemist, member since
Did a search and found out

Did a search and found out the Brownstone on Lincoln and Irving Park does $.50 Wings and $4 Drafts.  Never been there, but have heard very good reviews.

Canuck
Canuck's picture
Alchemist, member since
(No subject)

The emperor is not as forgiving as i am

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
Just tossing this out there,

Just tossing this out there, Jake Melnick's doesn't have wing specials, but they have a huge beer selection and the wings are thousands of times better than Cobra's.

lucas
lucas's picture
Alchemist, member since
Brownstone and Toons both

Brownstone and Toons both have great wings, for what its worth.

Oh... my... god.  Why haven't we done this?    http://thechive.com/2013/09/17/guys-rig-up-buddies-plumbing-with-beer-wh...

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
Screw you North Siders! Wings

Screw you North Siders! Wings n Rings 35th and S. Halsted they  have wings in da name, yo!

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
And where does this leave us

And where does this leave us with Wing Nite?  do we multi-task and turn Wing Week into auditions for a new Wing Nite venue?

Canuck
Canuck's picture
Alchemist, member since
I say yes.  New venue, new

I say yes.  New venue, new night

The emperor is not as forgiving as i am

Boonji
Boonji's picture
I have one other suggestion

I have one other suggestion for wing night that we are not going to for wing week.  Lock Down has half-price wings on mondays.

David
David's picture
Alchemist, member since
Just drove by brownstone.

Just drove by brownstone. They have a banner that says 50 cent wings and $4 half acre drafts.