Winter 2014 Bulk Grain Buy

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamesLewis
JamesLewis's picture
I'm in Mississippi and can't

I'm in Mississippi and can't do anything about my stuff until Monday. Hopefully someone can put mine on my shelves. Thanks

lucas
lucas's picture
Alchemist, member since
James - Do you have any

James - Do you have any buckets or the like?  Otherwise I'll just toss your bags on your shelf for now.

Oh... my... god.  Why haven't we done this?    http://thechive.com/2013/09/17/guys-rig-up-buddies-plumbing-with-beer-wh...

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
Also, those of you who still

Also, those of you who still have grain to pick up, please vacuum or sweep any spilt grain.  There was a fair amount of grain in the bar area and by the storage shevles.

JamesLewis
JamesLewis's picture
Not at the brew house. I

Not at the brew house. I brought all my storage stuff back home at the move and have not taken it back

ChuckMac
ChuckMac's picture
Alchemist, member since
James I have a spare bin I

James I have a spare bin I can loan ya till ya get back. How many sacks ya got?

Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy's picture
Brewer (Intro), member since
James,

James,

I took my half of the wheat malt (about 26#). And place the rest of your sacks on your rack.

Kyle
Kyle's picture
If someone can throw my sack

If someone can throw my sack of Canada Pale Malt on my shelf I will get there this week to put it in my buckets. Appreciate if someone can help me out.

chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
I suppose I had a blonde

I suppose I had a blonde moment... I didn't realize that I needed to be at the brewhouse within 2 days after the delivery. I'm trying to locate my purchase (2 bags of: pilsen and 2row, both from Breiss) from the delivery last week.

Anyone know where they might be? I was at the brew house the day before and I didn't see them anywhere. Please advise, if you know where they might be located. I'd appreciate the help, thanks!

MarkWalters
MarkWalters's picture
Alchemist, member since
They are on the bar at the

They are on the bar at the front - the bag of two row was torn, but there was very little loss. See above for your options.

chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
OK, thanks I will swing by

OK, thanks I will swing by the brew house tonight and put them away. I thought I looked by the bar, but I didn't turn on the light over there when I was looking around. Thanks for the heads up.

chirocky
chirocky's picture
Apprentice, member since
Case of the missing malts

Case of the missing malts solved! Thanks for the tip on the location. I put them in my storage nook. My shelf is super maxed out right now, some things are just near my spot, but I'll be there tomorrow to organize it better and transfer the second bag into a plastic secure container. I also have a lot of bottles there for the FastRack flipping competiton too so, hoping to make it all fit by end of weekend. 

Regarding the torn bag, I'll just take the $5 reimbursement. 

Thanks!
Nanc

josh s
josh s's picture
Anyone else think that we

Anyone else think that we should get another bulk grain buy in soon?

Jeff W
Jeff W's picture
Alchemist, member since
Yes!!!!  

Yes!!!!  

lucas
lucas's picture
Alchemist, member since
If anyone on the board wants

If anyone on the board wants the right to set one up, just let me know.  I can give the access in just a couple minutes to view the old ones and administer new ones.

Oh... my... god.  Why haven't we done this?    http://thechive.com/2013/09/17/guys-rig-up-buddies-plumbing-with-beer-wh...

johngammal
Alchemist, member since
I would love to participate

I would love to participate in this group buy.  I've never done one, but if it needs a leader and can help

ICEHOUSE 666
ICEHOUSE 666's picture
I definitely want to get in

I definitely want to get in on this.

josh s
josh s's picture
Lucas if i can get a step by

Lucas if i can get a step by step instruction on how to follow through with the grain buys idbe glad to be the point person on this.  Let me know what you can do.

lucas
lucas's picture
Alchemist, member since
Josh,

Josh,

How about between the board and general meeting on Sunday we take 10 minutes and I'll walk you through it? 

Pages